TrinityCore is a rather complex and demanding software, and as such, it may seem quite daunting to install and maintain. This guide will attempt to describe and also practically show in details how to setup your server environment.
Every step of the guide is divided in three tabs (probably more will follow) regarding different operating systems (mainly divided into Linux, macOS and Windows).
The guide has been divided into 7 steps, to make it more readable:
- Requirements [Linux, macOS, Windows]
- Core Installation
- Server Setup
- Databases Installation
- Final Server Steps
- Client Setup
Each step can be read independently or you can read them neatly, to gradually get into it and better understand it all.
For more specific guides, take a look at the How-to Section.
Information on how to customize logging is available at Logging Configuration. Information of gm commands is available at GM Commands
The name TrinityCore gives to development branches is usually in n.n.n format, in which the ns represent numbers of the supported client version. At the moment there are two active branches of TrinityCore:
- master targeting (usually) Live Retail version EXPERIMENTAL (NOT RECOMENDED FOR PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENTS)
- Choose this if you want to follow the latest developments from the community, but be conscious that it is still at the beginning and things may change in a day and a lot of things are totally broken and it lacks a lot of content.
- 3.3.5 targeting 3.3.5a (12340) STABLE (Wrath of the Lich King game client)
- Choose this branch if you want to test an almost-rock solid server for one of the most loved expansions of the game of all times. This branch is the only playable.
If you still have any problem, check: