- Open the realmlist.wtf file inside your World of Warcraft\Data folder. The IP in the realmlist.wtf file should be exactly the same as the IP address you entered in the realmlist table above.
- Change the first line to: set realmlist <IP address used in realmlist table>
- Example: set realmlist 127.0.0.1
- (Optional) If you wish to use the WoW Launcher.exe to run your client then you must change your set patchlist to the same ip/dns name as your realmlist.
- Get latest connection_patcher (from your build/RelWithDebInfo folder when compiling with tools) and apply wow.exe and/or wow64.exe on it by using the command console or drag&drop the exe files over the connection_patcher.
WoW_Patched.exe or Wow-64_Patched.exe have been created, use this from now on.
- Change Config.wtf: SET portal "<IP address used in realmlist table>"
The IP in the Config.wtf file should be exactly the same as the IP address you entered in the realmlist table above. (Example: SET portal "127.0.0.1")
NOTE YOU MUST RUN CONNECTION PATCHER ON EVERY CLIENT PC.
Check https://github.com/TrinityCore/TrinityCore to find the exact client version supported by master branch.
NOTE don't use localhost for adress, if you need to connect to localhost use 127.0.0.1
If you still have any problem, check:
- Updating or starting with TrinityCore issues
- Trouble with your TrinityCore Install / Readme 1st / FAQs
- Ask help on the Forum